World Cancer Day:
India Post, Mumbai Region, in collaboration with the Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai releases a Special Cover on World Cancer Day (February 4).
- Objective: To save millions of preventable deaths each year through raising awareness and by pressing governments to take action against Cancer.
- Organized by: Union for International Cancer Control (UICC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO) that exists to help the global health community accelerate the fight against cancer.
- It was founded in 1933 and based in Geneva, Switzerland.
- World Cancer Day was established by the Paris Charter adopted at the World Summit Against Cancer for the New Millenium in Paris in 2000.
- Theme: In 2019, Union for International Cancer Control, launched a new 3-year campaign with the theme: “I Am and I Will.”
- The campaign is an empowering call-to-action urging for personal commitment and represents the power of individual action taken now to impact the future.