World Food India 2023 : New Delhi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially opened the second edition of ‘World Food India 2023’ at Bharat Mandapam, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi recently.
- Prime Minister also extended Seed Capital Assistance to over one lakh members of Self Help Groups (SHGs) to strengthen these groups.
- This support, marked by superior packaging and high-quality manufacturing, is aimed at enabling SHGs to command better prices in the market.
- PM Modi inaugurated the ‘Food Street’ as part of World Food India 2023.
- This unique feature will showcase regional cuisines and India’s rich culinary heritage.
- Over 200 chefs will participate, presenting traditional Indian cuisine, promising an exceptional culinary experience.
- The event’s primary objective is to present India as the ‘food basket of the world’ while celebrating 2023 as the International Year of Millets.
- It provides a platform for government bodies, industry professionals, farmers, entrepreneurs, and stakeholders to engage in discussions, form partnerships, and explore investment opportunities in the agri-food sector.
- CEO roundtables will focus on investment and Ease of Doing Business.
- It will feature pavilions highlighting the innovation and strength of India’s food processing industry.
- The event will host 48 sessions covering various aspects of the food processing industry, with a focus on financial empowerment, quality assurance, and innovations in machinery and technology.