World Happiness Report 2023: India Rank
For Sixth time Finland has been crowned as the happiest nation, Denmark is at number two, followed by Iceland at number three.
- Unlike previous years, where the same countries tend to appear in the top 20, there’s a new entrant this year — Lithuania (at the 20th spot).
- Afghanistan was ranked as the unhappiest nation, followed by Lebanon, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, respectively.
- India ranks at 125th position out of 136 countries, making it one of the least happy countries in the world.
- In 2022, India ranked 136th position out of 146 countries.
- It even lags behind its neighbouring nations like Nepal, China, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network released the World Happiness Report 2023 which ranks countries on happiness.
- In 2012, the UN SDSN was launched under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General.
- SDSN promotes integrated approaches to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, through education, research, policy analysis, and global cooperation.