All India Survey On Domestic Workers:
The Union Minister for Labour and Employment flagged off the first ever All India Survey on Domestic Workers (DW).
- This was a first-ever such survey in independent India and will be completed in a year.
The main objectives of the survey are:
- Estimate the number/proportion of DWs at National and State level.
- Household Estimates of Live-in/Live-out DWs.
- Average number of DWs engaged by different types of households.
- Parameters the survey aims to capture the number and proportion of household workers by major states, with separate rural and urban break-ups, their percentage distribution, households that employ them and socio-demographic characteristics.
- The survey would cover 37 States and Union Territories, covering 1.5 lakh households in 742 districts.
- The survey for domestic workers is among five national jobs surveys that will be conducted periodically and provide crucial data for an upcoming national employment policy.
- The other four surveys are the All-India Survey of Migrant Workers, All-India Survey of Employment Generated by Professionals and All-India Survey of Employment Generated in the Transport Sector, All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey (AQEES).