Assam government is setting up three-degree colleges in the Bodo region:
The Union Home Minister Amit Shah said the Assam government is setting up three-degree colleges in the Bodo region. Tributes are being paid to Shri Upendra Nath Brahma by opening an institute in his name.
- Upendranath Brahma (1956 – 1990) was an Indian Bodo social activist and the former president of All Bodo Students’ Union.
- Brahma was born in Boragari village of Dotma, a small township at the Kokrajhar district of Assam.
- The title of Bodofa (Guardian of Bodos) was posthumously conferred upon Brahma on 8 May 1990 in recognition of his vision and leadership. His life is celebrated each year on the anniversary of his death, which is now called Bodofa Day.
- The Bodo is the largest ethnolinguistic group in Assam.
- They are concentrated mainly in the Bodoland Territorial Region of Assam.