Assam government is setting up three-degree colleges in the Bodo region:
The Union Home Minister Amit Shah said the Assam government is setting up three-degree colleges in the Bodo region. Tributes are being paid to Shri Upendra Nath Brahma by opening an institute in his name.
- Upendranath Brahma (1956 – 1990) was an Indian Bodo social activist and the former president of All Bodo Students’ Union.
- Brahma was born in Boragari village of Dotma, a small township at the Kokrajhar district of Assam.
- The title of Bodofa (Guardian of Bodos) was posthumously conferred upon Brahma on 8 May 1990 in recognition of his vision and leadership. His life is celebrated each year on the anniversary of his death, which is now called Bodofa Day.
- The Bodo is the largest ethnolinguistic group in Assam.
- They are concentrated mainly in the Bodoland Territorial Region of Assam.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking