ChatGPT-Powered WhatsApp Chatbot:
The Ministry of Electronics and IT’s (MeitY) BHASHINI is working on a ChatGPT-Powered WhatsApp Chatbot to help Indian farmers learn about various government schemes.
- BHASHINI (BHASHa INterface for India) is India’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) led language translation platform.
- The launch of the WhatsApp chatbot may take time as ChatGPT currently relies on input in English, and the support for local languages is limited.
- It will let users send a question via voice notes.
- A user could simply ask a question using voice notes and receive a voice-based response generated by ChatGPT.
- The chatbot has been developing with the view of India’s rural and agrarian population that most depend on government schemes and subsidies.
- These potential users speak a wide range of languages, which makes it important to build a language model that can successfully identify and understand them.
- This will help numerous farmers in India who may not be familiar with typing on smartphones.
- The ChatGPT-powered WhatsApp chatbot will support 12 languages, including English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Odia, and Assamese.
- The majority of those who will use this chatbot would not know English, for which the Government’s Bhasha Daan Initiative will be used.
- Bhasha Daan is an initiative to crowdsource language inputs for multiple Indian languages as part of Project BHASHINI.
- It calls upon citizens to help build an open repository of data to digitally enrich his/her own language.