Fifth Edition Of The European Union-India Competition Week:
The fifth edition of the European Union-India Competition Week is being held from December 5 to 7 this year in New Delhi.
- The European Union-India Competition Week is organized every year to provide a platform for exchanges between officials from the European Commission Directorate-General for Competition and the Competition Commission of India (CCI).
- Representatives from the European Commission Directorate-General for Competition (DG COMP) and the Competition Commission of India participated in the fifth edition of the EU-India Competition Week.
- Belgian and French competitive authorities also took part in the 2022 edition.
- The discussions focused on best practices in competition policy and enforcement.
- The event covered wide range of topics like antitrust cases in the digital economy, the design and implementation of digital market regulations, and the investigation of certain agreements related to the transport sector and other atypical cartels.
- The focus was also given to sustainability goals in relation to the competition enforcement.
- It also focused on how regulations can supplement competition enforcement, as the EU has enacted the Digital Markets Act, which seeks to make digital economy more fairer and contestable.