First Semiconductor Plant Of India : Gujrat
The Vedanta group and the Foxconn of Taiwan have come together to build the first semiconductor manufacturing unit in Dholera of Gujarat. The companies signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Gujarat Government
- The semiconductor plant will be built in the Dholera Special Investment Region in Ahmedabad.
- It is a greenfield industrial city.
- The Dholera Special Investment Region Development Authority handles the land and the projects.
- Semiconductor plant manufactures ICs and semiconductor materials.
- The semiconductor materials are made usable for electronic applications through a process called Doping.
- For instance, to create an N-type semiconductor material, one need to add Phosphorous to Germanium.
- Such doping processes are done in semiconductor plants.