Fourth Edition Of The Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue:
The fourth edition of the Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) will start in Delhi on November 23, 2022.
- IPRD is an apex level international annual conference of the Indian Navy.
- The idea of an annual IPRD was first conceptualised and conducted in 2018, as the apex level conference of the Indian Navy.
- The National Maritime Foundation is Navy’s knowledge partner and chief organizer of each edition of the event.
- The theme of IPRD-2022 is the ‘Operationalising the Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative’.
- To provide a platform to focus attention on the Indo-Pacific, as a maritime geographical-entity, while deliberating aspects of great relevance to regional geopolitics.
- The first two editions of IPRD were held in 2018 and 2019 respectively in New Delhi, however, IPRD 2020 was cancelled due to Covid-19.
- The third edition of IPRD was held in 2021 in online mode.
- It is focused on seven interconnected spokes or pillars:
- Maritime Security,
- Maritime Ecology,
- Maritime Resources,
- Disaster Risk-reduction and Management,
- Trade-Connectivity and Maritime Transport,
- Capacity-building and Resource sharing, and
- Science, Technology and Academic Cooperation.