G-20 Education Ministers Meeting:
The Minister of Education addressed the G-20 Education Ministers’ Meeting in Bali, Indonesia.
- Theme: Recovery, Re-imagine and Rebuild Stronger.
- The G20 presidency is scheduled to move from Indonesia to India in December 2022.
- Emphasized on the importance of sharing mutual experiences & working together to create a new world in which education remains the nodal point for addressing common challenges.
- The National Education Policy 2020, based on the foundational principles of access, equity, quality, affordability and accountability is India’s guiding light for promoting lifelong learning opportunities and achieving the shared vision of G20.
- Highlighted India’s rapid strides towards building a more resilient and inclusive education and skilling ecosystem and realising the creative potential of each learner through the implementation of NEP 2020.
- India is giving special emphasis on formalizing early childhood care & education, supporting differently-abled children, boosting digital and multi-modal learning, flexible entry-exit pathways, integrating education with skills, which are keys to improve learning outcomes.