Smart Solutions Challenge And Inclusive Cities Awards 2022:
Smart Solutions Challenge and Inclusive Cities Awards 2022 were awarded by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- In the category of early-stage innovations, the winner was a wearable technology product, Fifth Sense by Glovatrix Pvt. Ltd.
- This product translates sign language gestures to speech and text using sensors and Artificial Intelligence.
- In the second category of market-ready solutions, Mouseware by Dextroware Devices Pvt. Ltd. was the winner.
- Mouseware is a head-wearable device that enables hands-free control of computers and smart gadgets.
- Belagavi Smarty City’s system for those with disabilities to access education and healthcare was awarded the top prize in the category of implemented solutions.
- The Smart Solutions Challenge is an initiative of the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) and the United Nations (UN)) in India.
- NIUA and UN in India are looking for innovative ideas, solutions, technologies, products, and business solutions that can help break-down and resolve complex city-level inclusion and accessibility challenges faced by persons with disabilities, women and girls, and the elderly.