Giving To Amplify Earth Action (GAEA) Initiative:
The World Economic Forum, in partnership with over 45 organizations, has launched the Giving to Amplify Earth Action (GAEA) initiative.
- The goal of GAEA is to fund and grow new and existing public, private, and philanthropic partnerships (PPPPs) to unlock the $3 trillion of financing needed each year to reach net zero, reverse nature loss, and restore biodiversity by 2050.
- GAEA’s growing body of philanthropic partners includes organizations such as the African Climate Foundation, Bezos Earth Fund, and the Rockefeller Foundation.
- Over the next 12 months, GAEA will work with these partners and McKinsey Sustainability as a knowledge partner, to build momentum around three clear objectives:
- Convene leaders from the public, private, and philanthropic sectors to identify and target climate and nature solutions where they are best positioned to play a catalytic role.
- Pilot and refine funding models that can support PPPP interventions.
- Scale up funding for targeted climate and nature solutions, leveraging philanthropy as a catalyst for attracting and deploying other forms of financing.