Global Ayush Investment & Innovation Summit 2022:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today inaugurated the Global Ayush Investment & Innovation Summit 2022 at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The three day Ayush global summit will witness a dialogue with entrepreneurs, industry, startups and other stakeholders to encourage them to increase investment for innovation in Ayush as the sector continues to showcase colossal room for growth.
- The Global Ayush Investment & Innovation Summit will be in progress till April 22, 2022 in Gandhinagar, Gujarat and commenced a day after the Prime Minister inaugurated the WHO-Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in Jamnagar.
- In 2014, where the Ayush sector was less than $3 billion, today it has increased to more than $18 billion.
- Many new initiatives in Ayush sector were announced by the Prime Minister, first being a special Ayush mark for Ayush products.
- This will give people all over the world the confidence of quality Ayush products.
- Government will develop a network of Ayush parks to encourage the promotion, research and manufacturing of Ayush products across the country.
- A new category named ‘Ayush Aahar’ was announced which will greatly facilitate the producers of herbal nutritional supplements.
- India will soon introduce a special Ayush visa category for foreign nationals who want to come to India to take advantage of Ayush therapy was announced.
- PM Modi announced launch of Ayush Export Promotion Council and four Ayush ICT initiatives which includes Ayush Information Hub, AyuSoft, Ayush Next and Ayush GIS.
- Prime Minister also released a comic book named ‘Professor Ayushman’, which describes how Ayush systems and products helped in fighting not only COVID-19 but other diseases also.
- On this occasion, the Prime Minister distributed awards to the winners of ‘Ayush Start-up Challenge’ organised by All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) in association with Start-up India.