Good Governance Day : 25th December
Good Governance Day being celebrated on the birth anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Governance is the process of decision-making and the process by which decisions are implemented (or not implemented).
- Governance can be used in several contexts such as corporate governance, international governance, national governance and local governance.
- Good Governance is defined as “the manner in which power is exercised in the management of a country’s economic and social resources for development”
- The concept of good governance existed even during the days of Chanakya.
- He had mentioned it elaborately in Arthashastra.
- Citizens centric administration lies on the foundation of good governance.
8 Principles of Good Governance:
- Rule of Law
- Consensus Oriented
- Equity and Inclusiveness
- Effectiveness and Efficiency