The government has launched a new platform called ‘herSTART’ to encourage and promote women entrepreneurs.
- The platform was launched in October 2022 by the Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC).
- The platform aims to provide resources and training modules free of cost to aspiring women entrepreneurs.
- It also provides a digital community for them, and a digital publication to spread their success stories.
- herSTART Incubator: Startup incubator for women entrepreneurs and innovators
- herSTART Accelerator: Accelerator programme for high-impact women-led startups.
- A monthly allowance of up to ₹20,000 for one year for women-led start-ups.
- This can be used as an example of the commitment of India to women’s entrepreneurship