Indian Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021:
Forty scholars from six countries have been recommended for the award of Indian Science Research Fellowship (ISRF) 2021.
- This fellowship is a platform to establish research cooperation with neighbouring countries of India, which is one of the mandates of DST’s (Department of Science and Technology) International Science and Technology Cooperation.
About India Science Research Fellowship (ISRF):
- As part of India’s initiatives to engage with neighbouring countries to develop S&T partnerships, the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has launched the ISRF Programme.
- This fellowship is for scholars from the neighbouring countries – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand.
- ISRF programme has provided an opportunity for the young researchers from neighbouring countries to get access to the state of art facilities available in the Indian institutes/universities.
- ISRF has been implemented since 2015.