Indira Gandhi Prize For Peace, Disarmament And Development 2021:
2021 award has been given to NGO Pratham, working in the field of education
- The award is in recognition of Pratham’s work in ensuring quality education for children of the country, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pratham also used digital technology to deliver education so that the children could learn during the school closure amid the pandemic.
- The foundation’s Annual Status of Education Report (ASER), serves as a model to assess education outcomes and learning deficiencies across 14 countries in three continents
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development, is given to people whose work have exemplified Indira’s ideals and causes.
- It consists of a monetary award of ₹25 lakh along with a citation..