The Interpol has elected Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Director Praveen Sinha as a Delegate for Asia in its Executive Committee.
- Interpol Executive Committee has 13 members from different countries comprising the President of the Interpol, two Vice-Presidents and nine Delegates.
- It supervises the execution of the Interpol General Assembly’s decisions and the administration and work of its General Secretariat.
- It meets three times a year and sets organisational policy and direction.
What is Interpol?
- The International Criminal Police Organisation, or Interpol, is a 194-member intergovernmental organisation.
headquartered in Lyon, France.
- Formed in 1923 as the International Criminal Police Commission, and started calling itself Interpol in 1956.
India joined the organisation in 1949, and is one of its oldest members.
- Interpol’s declared global policing goals include: Countering terrorism, promoting border integrity worldwide, protection of vulnerable communities, providing a secure cyberspace for people and businesses, curbing illicit markets, supporting environment security, and promoting global integrity.