InTranSE -II Program:
The government has launched Indigenous Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Solutions for Indian Traffic Scenario under Intelligent Transportation System Endeavor for Indian Cities Phase-II Program.
- InTranSE -II is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- It incorporates vehicle-borne sensors for monitoring driver propensity and vehicle surroundings to deliver acoustic and visual alerts for driver assistance.
- It is an operational strategy that modifies normal traffic signal operations to better accommodate in-service public buses at signal-controlled intersections.
- CoSMiC provides a Dashboard page showing IoT units, products, applications, and its live data in a Geographical Information System (GIS) map.
- Intelligent Transportation System Endeavour (InTranSe) for Indian IndianCities” is a National level Collaborative Research and Development Program.
- Funded by the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India.
- InTranSe aims at Development, Demonstration, Deployment, Technology Transfer and Commercialization of products and technologies relevant to Intelligent Transportation System (ITS).
- Overall objective of the program is to provide the country with the capability to become a significant player in the area of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS).