Jago Grahak Jago Campaign:
The Department of Consumer Affairs is actively engaged in nationwide multimedia awareness campaigns titled “Jago Grahak Jago”.
- These campaigns aim to inform consumers about fraudulent practices and common issues while providing guidance on seeking redressal
- The awareness initiatives utilize various media platforms, including print media, TV, radio, cinema theatres, websites, hoardings, and display boards.
- To reach people in rural and backward areas, the Department actively participates in fairs, festivals, and events across different states and union territories.
- To enhance awareness at the grassroots level, the Department releases Grant-in-Aid to States and UTs for conducting consumer awareness activities with a focus on local content.
- The Central Government provides financial assistance under the scheme ‘Strengthening Consumer Commissions’ to enhance the infrastructure of Consumer Commissions at the District and State levels.