The Prime Minister of India extended best wishes on the auspicious occasion of Kati Bihu to the people of Assam.
- Kati Bihu is celebrated in the state of Assam.
- Kati means to cut and this day marks the time of relocation of rice saplings.
- It is also known as Kongali Bihu.
- There are another two Bihu festivals celebrated in Assam – Bhogali or Magh Bihu is observed in January and Rongali or Bohag Bihu is observed in the month of April.
- During this month, there are not so many things to eat.
- They celebrate this festival by lighting the earthen lamps or candles and lit their house with lighting.
- Lighting diya near Tulsi plant is one of the main part of the festival. They worship Tulsi plant on this auspicious day.
- People also light a special lamp called “Akash Banti” (Sky candle) in their paddy fields.