RPF launches Focused effort under “Operation Satark” from 5th April to 30th April, 2022.
- Railway Protection Force (RPF) is a security force under the ownership of Indian Railways, Ministry of Railways, Government of India.
- It was formed in 1872 under the Railway Protection Force Act, 1957.
- It is the lead security agency in the field of railway security having a pan India reach.
- It is entrusted with the security of railway property, passenger area and passengers.
- Railway Protection Force has recently started “Operation Satark” with an objective of taking action against illicit liquor/FICN/illegal tobacco products/unaccounted gold and any other items being transported through railway network for the purpose of tax evasion and smuggling.