PARAM ANANTA India’s Latest Super Computer
PARAM ANANTA is India’s latest super computer.
- It has 838 TeraFlops supercomputing capability.
- It was commissioned at IIT Gandhinagar under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM)
- It has been developed jointly by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) and the Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar.
- Param Ananta will rank behind C-DAC’s Param Siddhi-AI, which as of November 2021 was the 102nd most powerful supercomputer in the world.
- Under NSM, till date 15 supercomputers have been installed across the nation with aggregate compute capacity of 24 petaflops.
- All these supercomputers have been manufactured in India and operating on indigenously developed software stack.