11th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’:
The Governor of West Bengal, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, inaugurated the 11th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ on February 14, 2021.
- The event was inaugurated in the presence of the Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
- It was inaugurated at Cooch Behar Palace in West Bengal.
- Ten editions of the festival have successfully been organized ever since the festival was started in November 2015.
- These 10 editions were organized in Delhi, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Tawang, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tehri, and Madhya Pradesh.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav:
- It is a flagship festival of the Ministry of culture and tourism.
- The event is organized since 2015.
- It witnesses the active participation of Seven Zonal Culture Centres.
- These zonal centers play a key role in taking the vibrant culture of India to the masses rather than confining it to auditoria and galleries.
- This festival showcases the folk and tribal art, music, dance, cuisines, and culture of one state in other states.
- Thus, it helps in reinforcing the goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”.
- It also provided an effective platform for the artists and artisans to support their livelihood.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking