11th Edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’:
The Governor of West Bengal, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, inaugurated the 11th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ on February 14, 2021.
- The event was inaugurated in the presence of the Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
- It was inaugurated at Cooch Behar Palace in West Bengal.
- Ten editions of the festival have successfully been organized ever since the festival was started in November 2015.
- These 10 editions were organized in Delhi, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Tawang, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tehri, and Madhya Pradesh.
Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav:
- It is a flagship festival of the Ministry of culture and tourism.
- The event is organized since 2015.
- It witnesses the active participation of Seven Zonal Culture Centres.
- These zonal centers play a key role in taking the vibrant culture of India to the masses rather than confining it to auditoria and galleries.
- This festival showcases the folk and tribal art, music, dance, cuisines, and culture of one state in other states.
- Thus, it helps in reinforcing the goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”.
- It also provided an effective platform for the artists and artisans to support their livelihood.