Ruchira Kamboj: India’s Permanent Representative To The UN
Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations. She is currently Indian ambassador to Bhutan. Ruchira Kamboj will succeed T S Tirumurti. She is likely to take up assignment soon.
- Ruchira Kamboj joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1987
- She was All India women’s topper of 1987 Civil Services batch as well as topper of 1987 Foreign Service batch.
- She started her diplomatic journey in Paris, France. She was posted as the Third Secretary in Indian Embassy to France, during 1989-91.
- She has been Indian High Commissioner in South Africa, Permanent Representative of India to UNESCO in Paris, and Chief of Protocol in New Delhi.
- She also has past experience at the UN in New York.
- She was posted as Counsellor from 2002-2005, at Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations in New York.
- She dealt with several political issues, including UN Peacekeeping, Middle East crisis, UN Security Council Reform, etc.