Sahitya Akademi Award:
The Sahitya Akademi announced the Sahitya Akademi Award 2021 in 20 languages. The Akademi also announced Yuva Puraskar and Bal Sahitya Puraskar for 2021.
List Of Sahitya Akademi Awards 2021
- Anuradha Sarma Pujari (Assamese)
- Bratya Basu (Bengali)
- Mwdai Gahai (Bodo)
- Raj Rahi (Dogri)
- Namita Gokhale (English)
- Daya Prakash Sinha (Hindi)
- DS Nagabhushana (Kannada)
- Wali Mohd Aseer Kashtawari (Kashmiri)
- Sanjiv Verenkar (Konkani)
- George Onakkoor (Malayalam)
- Kiran Gurav (Marathi)
- Chhabilal Upadhyaya (Nepali)
- Hrushikesh Mallick (Odia)
- Khalid Hussain (Punjabi)
- Meethesh Nirmohi (Rajasthani)
- Vindeshwariprasad Mishr “Vinay” (Sanskrit)
- Niranjan Hansda (Santali)
- Arjun Chawla (Sindhi)
- Ambai (Tamil)
- Gorati Venkanna (Telugu)
Sahitya Akademi award established in 1954, is a literary honour that is conferred annually by Sahitya Akademi, India’s National Academy of letters.
- Akademi gives 24 awards annually to literary works in the languages it has recognized and an equal number of awards to literary translations from and into the languages of India.
- Besides the 22 languages enumerated in the Constitution of India, the Sahitya Akademi has recognised English and Rajasthani as languages in which its programme may be implemented.
- The Sahitya Akademi award is the second-highest literary honour by the Government of India, after the Jnanpith award.