Saurashtra Tamil Sangamam:
Nearly 3,000 people are expected to attend Saurashtra Tamil Sangamam. The festival aims to showcase “age-old ties” and cultural links between two coastal States of Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.
- The Saurashtra Tamil Sangamam, is similar to the Kashi Tamil Sangamam.
- The festival aims to highlight the cultural diversity and strength of India and to reconnect people with pilgrimage destinations and cultural heritage.
- This event will take place at multiple locations in Gujarat such as Somnath, Dwarka and the Statue of Unity at Kevadia.
- Saurashtra Tamil Sangamam : Centuries ago, invasions between 600 and 1000 years ago forced numerous individuals to migrate from Saurashtra in Gujarat and establish new settlements in Tamil Nadu’s districts around Madurai, now known as Tamil Saurashtrian.
- People of Gujarati origin have settled in various places in TamilNadu, such as Tiruchi, Thanjavur, Kumbakonam, and Salem, creating cultural connections between Gujarat and Tamil Nadu.