Startup India Seed Fund Scheme : Third-Party Impact Assessment
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is conducting a third-party impact assessment of the Startup India Seed Fund Scheme to evaluate its performance in benefiting the startup community.
- Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) was created by DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce and Industry in 2021.
- It aims to provide financial assistance to start-ups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry, and commercialization.
- Eligibility Startups recognized by DPIIT incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application, have not received more than Rs. 10 lakhs of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme.
- Preference Startups create innovative solutions in sectors such as social impact, waste management, water management, etc.
- Grants of up to Rs. 5 crores are provided to eligible incubators, which in turn provide grants of up to Rs. 20 lakhs to startups for validation of proof of concept, prototype development, or product trials.
- Estimated Beneficiaries is about 3,600 entrepreneurs through 300 incubators in the next 4 years
- Seed Funding is an early stage of investment in a start-up or a new business idea to help the company reach a point where it can secure additional rounds of funding or generate revenue to become self-sustaining.