International Energy Agency (IEA):
The Framework for Strategic Partnership between the International Energy Agency (IEA) members and the Government of India was signed.
- It aims to strengthen mutual trust and cooperation & enhance global energy security, stability, and sustainability.
- This partnership will lead to an extensive exchange of knowledge and would be a stepping stone towards India becoming a full member of the IEA.
- The International Energy Agency (IEA) is a Paris-based autonomous intergovernmental organization.
- It was established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 1974 in the wake of the 1973 oil crisis.
- The IEA is made up of 30 member countries.
- In addition, the IEA family also includes eight association countries which include Brazil, China, and India.
- Three countries are seeking accession to full membership, Chile, Israel, and Lithuania.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking