UK-India Young Professionals Scheme:
The British Government recently announced the opening of the second ballot of the Young Professional Scheme for Indian citizens.
- Young Professionals Scheme was conceived as part of an India-U.K. Migration and Mobility MoU signed in May 2021 and was announced in November at the G20 summit in Bali.
- It was formally launched in February 2023.
- It will permit up to 3,000 of their degree-holding citizens aged between 18 and 30 to live and work in each other’s countries for two years.
- This scheme makes India the first visa-national country to benefit from the scheme.
- It allows Indian citizens between 18 and 30 years old to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years.
- It will enable candidates to enter the UK at any time while their visa is valid and leave and return anytime during their stay.
- A person must be selected in the India Young Professionals Scheme ballot before they can apply for a Young Professionals Scheme visa.
- To be eligible for the India Young Professionals Scheme visa,
- You have to be an Indian national aged between 18 and 30 years.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or above.
- You must have 2,530 pounds in savings.
- You must not have any children under the age of 18 who live with you or whom you are financially supporting.