India’s First Facility To Produce Rare Earth Permanent Magnets:
The PM has inaugurated India’s first facility to produce rare earth permanent magnets in Visakhapatnam.
- A permanent magnet is a type of magnet that can create a magnetic field without needing any external power source.
- It is called “permanent” because once it is magnetized, it can maintain its magnetism for a long time.
- Permanent magnets are usually made from certain types of metals or alloys, such as iron, nickel, and cobalt, or rare earth elements like neodymium and samarium.
- Rare earth permanent magnets are a type of permanent magnet that is made from rare earth elements.
- Rare earth elements are a group of seventeen chemical elements in the periodic table, including elements such as neodymium, samarium, and dysprosium.