Link Between Air Pollution And Parkinson’s Disease:
Scientists discovered a link between air pollution and Parkinson’s disease.
- Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder that affects the nervous system and the parts of the body controlled by the nerves.
- Symptoms start slowly.
- The risk of developing it increases with age.
- Parkinson’s disease is often accompanied by these additional problems like:-
- Thinking difficulties
- Depression and emotional changes
- Swallowing problems
- Chewing and eating problems
- Sleep problems and sleep disorders
- People also may experience rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder, which involves acting out dreams. Medicines may improve your sleep.
- Treatments:- Although there is no cure for Parkinson’s disease, medicines, surgical treatment, and other therapies can often relieve some symptoms.
- Medicines can help treat the symptoms of Parkinson’s by:
- Increasing the level of dopamine in the brain
- Having an effect on other brain chemicals, such as neurotransmitters, which transfer information between brain cells
- Helping control non-movement symptoms
- Therapy: the main therapy for Parkinson’s is levodopa.