Vibhav Anti-Tank Munition:
Six hundred indigenously manufactured self-neutralising anti-tank mines, known as “Vibhav”, have been recently inducted into the Indian Army.
- Vibhav Anti-Tank Munition is a self-neutralising anti-tank mine.
- Designed and developed completely indigenously in a joint venture with the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in India, “Vibhav” is a point-attack anti-tank munition.
- It is designed to provide mobility kill against all enemy armoured vehicles.
- The munition is under production by the Kalyani Group for the Indian Army.
- The anti-tank mine is made of new-age plastic, which gives it adequate strength and durability to withstand the requirements of storage, handling and operating in varying field conditions.
- The munition can be laid both mechanically or manually.
- A host of safety and actuation mechanisms have been incorporated in “Vibhav” to make it safe to handle, lethal against targets and reliable.
- The integrated explosive, mechanical and electronic safety features ensure utmost operator safety.
- The munition also incorporates an electronic anti-handling and anti-lift device (EAHALD) that stays active for 120 days once armed.
- It has mechanical timers. Due to this, after 120 days, it will be self-neutralised.
- It has a storage life of 10 years with no special storage requirements.