World’s First Energy Island In The North Sea:
Denmark has approved a plan to build the world’s first energy island in the North Sea.
- The artificial island, in its initial phase, will be the size of 18 football fields.
- It will be linked to hundreds of offshore wind turbines and will supply both powers to households and green hydrogen for use in shipping, aviation, industry, and heavy transport.
- The island will produce and store enough green energy to cover the electricity needs of three million European households.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking