CSIR PRIMA ET11 : Electric Tractor
CSIR-CMERI developed a Compact Electric Tractor- CSIR PRIMA ET11.
- CSIR PRIMA ET11 is an indigenously designed, compact, 100% Pure Electric Tractor. ( First-ever Electric Tractor)
- It can tow a 8-ton capacity trolley with a max speed of 25 mph. (Tractor industry)
- Objective is to cater to small and marginal farmers of India.
- It caters to the demands of agriculture field applications.
- Its dynamics, weight distribution, transmission engagements, then lever and pedal position everything has been well designed.
- It has been made women-friendly with all the levers, switches, etc. being placed for an easy approach to the women.
- Many mechanical systems are also being replaced with electronic switches for easy operations.
- It has a state-of-the-art Lithium-ion battery with Prismatic cell confirmation.
- When the tractor is not in operation, its battery power can be utilized for other secondary applications like pump and irrigation, etc.
- The farmers can charge the tractor using a conventional home charging socket in 7 to 8 hours and operate the tractor for more than 4 hours at the field.