The “Graphene-Aurora Program” was launched by MeitY Maker Village in Kochi, Kerala.
- This initiative, led by Digital University Kerala, aims to bridge the gap between graphene research and commercialization.
- The establishment of the India Graphene Engineering and Innovation Centre (I-GEIC) will play a pivotal role in this effort.
- Graphene is a single layer of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice, forming a two-dimensional structure.
- It is known for its remarkable properties, including exceptional strength, electrical conductivity, and thermal conductivity.
- Graphene’s unique characteristics make it a versatile material with various potential applications across different industries.
- It is used in electronics for creating faster and more efficient devices, in materials science for reinforcing composites, in energy storage for enhancing battery performance, and in medical fields for drug delivery and biosensors.