INS Tabar Conducts Military Exercise With Italian Navy:
INS Tabar joined Italian Navy and entered Port of Naples on July 3 as part of ongoing deployment in Mediterranean.
- Commanding officer Captain Mahesh Mangipudi called on senior officers of Prefect of Naples Authority, regional Italian navy headquarters and coast guard headquarters during the stay.
- While returning, Tabar also undertook a Maritime Partnership Exercise with ITS Antonio Marceglia in Tyrrhenian Sea on July 4 & 5.
- This exercise covered several naval operations such as air defence procedures, communication drills, replenishment at sea, and cross deck helo operations by day and night.
- Exercise was mutually beneficial for enhancing interoperability and consolidating combined operations against maritime threats.
- It is the third of Talwar-class frigate in Indian Navy. It was commissioned on April 19, 2004 in Kaliningrad, Russia.
- It is a vessel in Talwar class and is armed with supersonic BrahMos anti-ship cruise missiles.
- It is also equipped with Barak 1 missiles.