Janjatiya Gaurav Divas:
To commemorate the contribution of the tribal freedom fighters, the Ministry of Education is celebrating the ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’.
- The government had declared 15th November as ‘Janjatiya Gaurav Divas’ dedicated to the memory of brave tribal freedom fighters.
- 15th November is the birth anniversary of Birsa Munda who is revered as Bhagwan by tribal communities across the country.
- Birsa Munda was an iconic freedom fighter, social reformer, and revered tribal leader of the country, who fought bravely against the exploitative system of the British colonial government, and became a legendary figure in his lifetime, often referred to as ‘Bhagwan’.
- He organized and led the tribal movement, giving a call for “Ulgulan” (Revolt, 1899-1900) to the tribals.
- He encouraged tribals to understand their cultural roots and observe unity.