Medical And Wellness Tourism (MWT):
The Ministry of Tourism has formulated three draft strategies with roadmaps for promoting Medical and Wellness Tourism, for development of Rural Tourism and for promotion of MICE Industry in India.
- India has been ranked 34th out of 140 countries on the World Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index 2019, released by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
Medical and Wellness Tourism (MWT):
- Describes the rapidly growing practice of travelling across international borders to obtain healthcare services.
- It may be broadly classified into three categories – Medical Treatment, Wellness & Rejuvenation and Alternative Cures.
- Now it is often referred to as Medical Value Travel (MVT).
- Any form of tourism that showcases the rural life, art, culture, and heritage at rural locations, thereby benefiting the local community economically and socially.
- It offers an opportunity to promote sustainable and responsible tourism and fulfill the vision of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions):
- The main purpose is to create a networking platform for business, industry, government and Academic Community and engage in meaningful conversations.
- MICE is also known as ‘Meetings industry’ or ‘Events industry’.