National Mission In Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems:
The Experts deliberated on ways to strengthen the National Mission in Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) at the National Workshop on Technology Innovation in Cyber-Physical Systems (TIPS).
- National Mission in Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems was launched in 2018 at a total outlay of Rs.3660 Crores for a period of five years.
- It is comprehensive mission to address technology development, application development, human resource development & skill enhancement, entrepreneurship and start-up development in CPS and associated technologies.
- As part of the Mission implementation, 25 Technology Innovation Hubs (TIHs) have been established in advanced technologies in reputed institutes across the country.
- It is being implemented by Department of Science & Technology under the Ministry of Science and Technology
- Cyber-physical system combines digital/cyber elements with physical objects (e.g. machines, autonomous vehicles) and data with capabilities of communication, data collection & processing, computing, decision making and action
- It is an integrated system involving Sensors, Communication, Actuators, Control, interconnected computing networks and data analytics.