OIC : India Rejected Unwarranted References To The Union Territory Of J&K
India recently rejected the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s (OIC) “unwarranted references” to the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
- Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is the second-largest intergovernmental organization in the world after the United Nations, with a collective population reaching over 1.8 billion.
- It has a membership of 57 states spread over four continents.
- It aims to preserve Islamic values, safeguard and defend the national sovereignty and independence of member states, and contribute to international peace and security.
- The OIC is the collective voice of the Muslim world to ensure and safeguard their interest in economic, socio, and political areas.
- It was established in September 1969.
- Headquarters: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Its official languages are Arabic, English, and French.