Order Of The Druk Gyalpo Award To PM Narendra Modi:
The King of Bhutan, His Majesty Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, conferred its highest civilian award, the Order of the Druk Gyalpo, on Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on the occasion of the country’s National Day.
- This would be the latest of awards to be conferred on Modi by other countries.
- Last year, he received the ‘Legion of Merit by the US Government’ award of the US Armed Forces that is given for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements.
- In 2019, Russia conferred its highest civilian honour ‘Order of St. Andrew’ award on Modi. In the same year, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) conferred him with its highest civilian honour—‘Order of Zayed Award’.
- The Maldives gave him the ‘Order of the Distinguished Rule of Nishan Izzuddin’the highest honour for foreign dignitaries—in 2019.
- PM Modi also received ‘King Hamad Order of the Renaissance’, the top honour from Bahrain, in the same year.
- In 2018, the Prime Minister was conferred with the ‘Grand Collar of the State of Palestine Award’, Palestine’s highest honour awarded to foreign dignitaries.
- He has also received the ‘Order of Abdulaziz Al Saud’, the highest honour of Saudi Arabia awarded to non-muslim dignitaries and Afghanistan’s highest civilian honour ‘State Order of Ghazi Amir Amanullah Khan’ in 2016.